Everyone loves a quick and easy dinner that is light on time and big on flavour. This surprisingly easy ‘hash’ recipe is bursting with the flavour of grilled crispy bacon and golden potatoes and is ready on the table in 25 minutes.
What do I need ?
Original recipe yields 2 Servings
This tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not method or nutrition information. Additional changes to equipment, baking times, etc. may be needed for recipe success.
2 x 200g bags Wattie's SteamFresh Whole Potatoes with Baby Peas and Sweet Corn
½ red onion, finely sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
salt and pepper
6 rashers of streaky bacon
fresh parsley, finely sliced (optiol)
Add To Shopping List
How do I make it ?
1. Heat grill to cook bacon and boil a pot of water to poach eggs.
2. Microwave the Wattie's SteamFresh whole potatoes with baby peas and sweet corn as per the instructions on the packet.
3. Heat a fry pan, add the olive oil, butter and onion, cook until the onion is soft.
4. Gently squash the potatoes while the vegetable mix is still in its steam bag, add to the onion, fry until the potato is golden brown. Season to taste.
5. While the hash is cooking, grill the bacon till crispy and poach the eggs to your liking.
6. To serve plate the hash, top with bacon and poached egg, sprinkle with parsley, if wished.