Here is a classic chicken casserole the family will enjoy. The carrot, celery and parsnip are quite traditional vegetables in casseroles, but this recipe will work well with whatever you have. Try swede, pumpkin, kumara or potato to add some variety.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Average Quantity per Serving
Nutrition information is calculated using a recipe analysis program and is subject to variations you may make to the ingredients or cooking method. This nutrition information is intended as a guide only and excludes serving suggestions and swaps you may make.
The easy Homestyle mash - made from real potatoes with milk and butter, for the perfect creamy mash every time - in moments.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a dash of oil in a non-stick frying pan and brown the chicken. Remove and place in oven-proof casserole dish.
2. Add onion, carrot, celery and parsnip to pan and cook for 2 minutes or until just starting to brown. Pour in Wattie's Condensed Creamy Chicken Soup, water or wine and thyme and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour into casserole dish. Cook for 1 1⁄2 hours.
4. Remove from oven and stir in sour cream, if using.
5. Place Wattie's Homestyle Mashed Potato in a microwave safe bowl, cover and cook on high for 6-8 minutes. Stir and serve with the casserole and extra green vegetables.
Crockpot/Slow Cooker Instructions:
Prepare the recipe following step 1 and place in a slow cooker with the remaining ingredients but omit the water. Stir to combine and cook on LOW for approx 8 hours (refer to your user manual). Stir in sour cream if using and serve as directed above.