Here is a classic chicken casserole the family will enjoy. The carrot, celery and parsnip are quite traditiol vegetables in casseroles, but this recipe will work well with whatever you have. Try swede, pumpkin, kumara or potato to add some variety.
What do I need ?
Original recipe yields 4 Servings
This tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not method or nutrition information. Additional changes to equipment, baking times, etc. may be needed for recipe success.
8 Tegel Chicken Drumsticks, skin removed
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
2 stalk s celery, sliced
1 parsnip or swede, peeled and sliced
420 g can Wattie's Condensed Creamy Chicken Soup
1 cup water or white wine
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
½ cup lite sour cream (optiol)
450 g bag Wattie's Frozen Homestyle Mashed Potato
Add To Shopping List
How do I make it ?
1. Preheat oven to 180℃. Heat a dash of oil in a non-stick frying pan and brown the chicken. Remove and place in oven-proof casserole dish.
2. Add onion, carrot, celery and parsnip to pan and cook for 2 minutes or until just starting to brown. Pour in Wattie's Condensed Creamy Chicken Soup, water or wine and thyme and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour into casserole dish. Cook for 1 1⁄2 hours.
4. Remove from oven and stir in sour cream, if using.
5. Place Wattie's Homestyle Mashed Potato in a microwave safe bowl, cover and cook on high for 6-8 minutes. Stir and serve with the casserole and extra green vegetables.
Crockpot/Slow Cooker Instructions:
Prepare the recipe following step 1 and place in a slow cooker with the remaining ingredients but omit the water. Stir to combine and cook on LOW for approx 8 hours (refer to your user manual). Stir in sour cream if using and serve as directed above.