Put a new twist on your caesar salad this summer. The addition of grilled chicken turns this staple salad into a meal all on its own.
What do I need ?
Original recipe yields 4 Servings
This tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not method or nutrition information. Additional changes to equipment, baking times, etc. may be needed for recipe success.
300 g chicken breast
4 x 2cm thick slices ciabatta
4 rashers bacon, roughly chopped
3 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and quartered
1 cos lettuce, leaves torn into rough pieces
250 ml bottle Eta Caesar Dressing
¼ cup finely grated parmesan
Add To Shopping List
How do I make it ?
1. Cut the chicken breast in half lengthwise to make 2 thin pieces. Rub both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a dash of olive oil to a frying pan, add the chicken and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until it is cooked through and golden. Set aside to cool then cut into slices.
2. To make the croutons, cut the ciabatta into chunks. Add a little extra olive oil to the frying pan. Add the bread and cook over medium heat until golden and crispy, turning during cooking. Set aside to cool.
3. Cook the bacon in the frying pan until crispy and golden.
4. Arrange the cos lettuce on a serving platter. Scatter over the chicken, bacon pieces, croutons and hard-boiled eggs.
5. Drizzle with Eta Caesar Dressing. Garnish with grated Parmesan.