The kids won't complain about eating vegetables tonight. This cheesy chicken pasta bake is quick to assemble and a great way to use up leftovers.
What do I need ?
Original recipe yields 4 Servings
This tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not method or nutrition information. Additional changes to equipment, baking times, etc. may be needed for recipe success.
400 g vegetables (mix of eggplant, red onion, courgettes, red and green capsicum) cut into 1-2cm pieces
400 g skinless chicken breast, cut into 2cm pieces
200 g penne pasta
150 g Mainland Egmont Cheese, grated
525 g jar HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
Add To Shopping List
How do I make it ?
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Toss prepared vegetables in a little olive oil. Place in a single layer in a roasting dish. Roast for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
2. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and stir-fry chicken until cooked.
3. Cook pasta in boiling water according to packet directions. Drain. Rinse and drain again. Return pasta to saucepan.
4. Add chicken to the pasta along with the roasted vegetables. Add 2/3 of the grated Mainland Egmont Cheese. Pour over HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce. Stir to mix well. Spoon into an oven-proof dish. Scatter over remaining grated cheese.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until hot and cheese has melted. Serve with a salad on the side.
Kraft Kitchen Tips!
Any leftover roasted vegetables can be used in this recipe.
Replace chicken with chorizo, ham or cooked bacon.