NUTRITION INFORMATION: Average Quantity per Serving
Nutrition information is calculated using a recipe analysis program and is subject to variations you may make to the ingredients or cooking method. This nutrition information is intended as a guide only and excludes serving suggestions and swaps you may make.
Shop Ingredients online
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. In a large bowl beat together the oil, dark brown sugar, eggs, vanilla essence and orange zest.
2. Once well beaten scatter over the grated carrot and sultanas.
3. Sift the flour, spice, baking powder and soda together and gently stir into the carrot mixture with the cultured buttermilk. Transfer to a well-greased and lined 23cm cake tin.
4. Bake for 60-70 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cake rack to cool.
5. Beat the cream cheese with the sifted icing sugar and vanilla essence until smooth.
6. Split the cake in half horizontally and spread with half the cream cheese icing. Top with remaining cake and spread with the remaining cream cheese. If wished decorate with grated orange zest.