Chocolate and cornflake morsels topped with chocolate icing − and no afghan would be complete without a walnut on top.
What do I need ?
Original recipe yields 15 Servings
This tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not method or nutrition information. Additional changes to equipment, baking times, etc. may be needed for recipe success.
200 g softened butter
½ cup soft brown sugar
1 ¼ cups flour
¼ cup cocoa
2 cups cornflakes
1 Tbsp softened butter
1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted
2 Tbsp cocoa, sifted
2 Tbsp boiling water
15 walnut halves
Add To Shopping List
How do I make it ?
1. Preheat oven to 180℃. Lightly grease two baking trays or line with baking paper.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Sift flour and cocoa together, add to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Stir through the cornflakes.
3. Roll dessertspoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on a baking tray, allowing room for them to spread. Press each ball lightly with a fork.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
5. Make the chocolate icing by beating the butter, icing sugar and cocoa together. Add enough boiling water so the icing is just spreadable. Spread over cooled biscuits and decorate each with a walnut half.