- 2 egg whites
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 1 pinch cream of tartar (optional)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp cornflour
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 425 g can Wattie's Boysenberries in Syrup
- 2 egg yolks
- 300 ml bottle cream
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Put the egg whites, caster sugar, cream of tartar (if using), vanilla essence, vinegar and cornflour into a large bowl, begin to beat on low speed. Increase the speed to maximum, adding the boiling water slowly and continue beating for approximately 10 minutes until the mixture is thick stiff and glossy.
3. Mould the mixture into 6 x 9cm rounds on a baking paper-lined baking tray.
4. Place into the oven and lower the temperature immediately to 120°C for 30 minutes. Turn the oven off and allow them to cool completely with the door closed.
5. Carefully pour the Wattie’s Boysenberries in syrup into a sieve over a bowl to collect the juice. Set the berries aside. Mix together the juice, 2 tsp cornflour and egg yolks and cookin the microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring after each minute until the sauce thickens: Allow to cool.
Whip the cream until thick and spread even amounts on the pavlovas. Swirl with the boysenberry sauce over the cream, arrange the berries on top. Serve immediately once decorated.
For a delicious citrus and berry flavour add 1 tsp grated orange zest to the boysenberry sauce.