- 850 g can Wattie's Black Doris Plums in Syrup, drained
- 1 ½ cup ground almonds
- 150 g softened butter
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 ½ cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Craig's Black Doris Plum Jam
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 160ºC. Line the base of a 23cm loose-bottomed cake tin with baking paper. Halve the Wattie’s Black Doris Plums and remove the stones.
- Mix ground almonds, butter, caster sugar, self-raising flour and eggs in a food processor or with electric beaters until the ingredients are combined. Press two thirds of the mixture over the base of the cake tin.
- Drop spoonfuls of Craig’s Black Doris Plum Jam over the mixture and then place the plum halves on top.
- Dot the remaining shortcake mixture over the plums. Sprinkle over the sliced almonds.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until cooked and golden. Cool in the tin before removing.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar.
Generations of Kiwis have loved Black Doris Plums. Wattie’s makes sure this continues, picking only the finest plums from Hawke’s Bay orchards.