- 1 kg chicken pieces, bone in (thighs or drumsticks)
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 chorizo sausage (about 100g) cut into small dice
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2-3 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 420 g can Wattie’s Condensed Extra Rich & Thick Tomato Soup
- 400 g can Wattie's Lentils in Springwater, drained
1. Heat a dash of oil in a lidded frying pan and brown chicken pieces. Remove from pan.
2. Reduce heat. Add onion and garlic and chorizo, sauté until onions soften. Add celery and carrots. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in smoked paprika.
3. Return chicken to pan. Pour over Wattie’s Condensed Extra Rich & Thick Tomato Soup and 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Stir in drained Wattie’s Lentils. Cover and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes, until chicken is tender.