- 15 g butter
- 1 small leek, sliced and washed
- 400 g golden kumara, peeled and diced
- 2 x 420 g cans Wattie’s Condensed Creamy Chicken Soup
- ½ x 750 g bag Wattie’s frozen Chuckwagon Corn Mix
- 190 g smoked chicken breast, skin removed and diced
- 1 cup milk
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the sliced leek and cook gently until softened, but not browned.
- Add diced kumara. Pour over 2 cans of Wattie’s Condensed Creamy Chicken Soup and add 1 can of water. Stir. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add Wattie’s frozen Chuckwagon Corn Mix, chicken and milk. Continue cooking for a further 5-10 minutes until chicken is heated through and vegetables are crisp and tender. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve with crusty bread.
Placing a lid on the saucepan when softening the leeks will speed up the process. It is important to remove the lid once they start to soften, otherwise they tend to go mushy.
We used golden kumara in the recipe, as it tends to stay firmer than the traditional red kumara.