- 1 red capsicum
- 400 g can Craig's Chickpeas in Brine, drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 900 g bag Wattie’s frozen Crispy Skins
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Slice the capsicum in half lengthways. Remove the core, seeds and white membrane from the capsicum. Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper, skin side up. Brush with a little olive oil. Roast for approximately 30 minutes or until the skins blister and blacken. Remove from oven and place on a plate. Cover with cling film. This will allow the capsicum to sweat and skins loosen. Once cool, remove the skins.
2. Place the drained Craig’s Chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, chilli powder and roasted red capsicum into a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. To cook Wattie’s frozen Crispy Skins: Preheat oven to 210ºC (fan bake) or 230ºC (conventional bake). Arrange the Crispy Skins in a single layer on an oven tray and place in the centre of the oven. Cook for 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until crisp and golden.