- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 100 g button mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 420 g can Wattie’s Tomato and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 ½ can water or beef stock
- 2 cups small pasta spirals
- 2 cups Wattie’s frozen Mixed Vegetables
- chopped parsley (optional)
1. Heat a dash of oil in a large frying pan and quickly brown minced beef and onion over a moderately high heat. This may be best done in two batches.
2. Add the mushrooms if using, Wattie’s Tomato and Garlic Pasta Sauce, water or stock and pasta and stir until the mixture comes to the boil. Cover, lower the heat and simer for 15 minutes until the mince and pasta are tender.
3. Stir in the Wattie’s frozen Mixed Vegetables and simmer gently for only 3-5 minutes until the vegetables are hot. Season to taste and add a handful of chopped parsley if wished.