500 g milk or dark chocolate
4 cups cornflakes
100 g white chocolate
Red and green lollies to decorate
- Draw 4 x 14 cm circles on a sheet of baking paper. Draw another circle 6 cm diameter in the middle of each of the circles, to make the wreath shape. Turn the baking paper over and place on a flat baking tray.
- Gently melt the milk chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water until melted. Remove from the heat. Transfer the melted chocolate to a large mixing bowl. Add the cornflakes and mix to coat them in the chocolate.
- Place spoonfuls of the cornflake mixture into the circles to form the wreaths. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Drizzle the chocolate over the cornflake wreaths. While the chocolate is still soft stick lollies on the white chocolate. It is best to complete one wreath at a time to avoid the chocolate setting before the lollies have stuck. Return to the refrigerator until chocolate is set.
- We used M&M’s and skittles to decorate but use your imagination to decorate as wished.
- Make smaller wreaths if wished. If making these with children they may find it easier to work with these larger wreath shapes.
- Use dark chocolate and milk chocolate in place of the milk and white chocolate if wished.
- If packaging up for Xmas gifts use a small cardboard cake base (15 cm diameter). Place the wreath on the base and place in a cellophane bag. Tie with festive ribbon.