Egg Fried Rice and Vegetables
| Serves 2
|| Prep Time 10 minutes
|| Cook Time 10 minutes
|| Easy As
2 tsp sesame oil
1 small onion, sliced
½ tsp crushed garlic
¼ tsp minced ginger
2 x 160g steam bags Wattie’s SteamFresh Baby Peas and Supersweet Corn
250 g cooked brown rice
2 Tbsp Wattie’s Hoisin Sauce
2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Fresh Coriander leaves and red chillies to garnish (optional)
- Heat sesame oil in a wok or frying pan. Add onion, garlic and ginger and stir fry over a medium low heat until the onions soften.
- While the onions are cooking microwave Wattie’s SteamFresh Baby Peas and Supersweet Corn according to bag directions.
- Add the rice to the pan with the Wattie's Hoisin Sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Toss to coat. Add in the vegetables and continue to stir fry until rice and vegetables are hot. Transfer to serving bowls and keep warm.
- Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and break in the eggs. Cook over a medium heat, turning the eggs once. Continue cooking until yolks are set.
- Spoon the fried rice onto serving plates and top each serving with a fried egg. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and thin slices of fresh red chilli.