Crunchy Chilli Bean Wrap
| Makes 4
|| Prep Time 15 minutes
|| Cook Time 5-6 minutes
|| A Little More Effort
8 large tortilla wraps
420 g can Wattie's Mild Chilli Beans
Whole kernel corn
Chopped spring onions
Chopped fresh coriander
- Place a 12cm bowl in the centre of a tortilla wrap and cut around it with a small sharp knife to make a circle, repeat with a further 3 wraps to make 4 smaller circles. (Use the leftover tortilla to make tortilla crisps*). Set aside.
- Place ¼ cup of Wattie’s Mild Chilli Beans in the centre of a large wrap. Place a circle of corn chips on top for the ‘crunch’. Top with your choice of toppings – (lettuce, corn, cheese, chopped tomato, sour cream, chopped springs onions, chopped coriander). Place a small tortilla on top. Fold the tortilla edges in towards the centre in sections, overlapping as you go to create your wrap. Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings.
- Toast wraps seam side down in a lightly oiled pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook the other side until golden and crispy. Cut in half to serve.
- *To make tortilla crisps, cut the leftover tortilla pieces into wedges. Brush or spray both sides of each wedge with a little olive oil and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with a little salt and paprika, then bake at 180°C fan assisted for 5 to 8 minutes until they’re crisp and golden.
- Add a dollop of smashed avocado to the wrap if wished.
- You can add beef mince to the filling if wished, simply cook the beef mince with the chilli beans before adding to the wrap.