Chilli Bean Burger
| Makes 4
|| Prep Time 15 minutes
|| Cook Time 10-12 minutes
|| Easy As
420 g can Wattie's Mild Chilli Beans
500 g beef mince
1 small onion, diced
¼ cup chopped parsley leaves
¼ cup dried breadcrumbs
4 burger buns, toasted
Red onion slices
Wattie's BBQ Sauce
- Drain off the excess sauce from Wattie’s Mild Chilli Beans through a sieve. Place in a bowl with the beef mince, onion, parsley and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well then form into 4 patties.
- Cook in a lightly oiled frying pan over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve in toasted burger buns with your favourite fillings. We used lettuce, tomato, red onion and Wattie's BBQ Sauce.
- Depending on spice levels, you can use medium or hot chilli beans in the patty mixture.
- To freeze: Freeze uncooked patties on a tray. Once frozen pack into sealable plastic bags or an airtight container. Thaw in refrigerator before cooking. If cooking from frozen, you will need to allow extra time. Patties can be frozen for up to 1 month.