Baked Beans Sloppy Joes
| Serves 6
|| Prep Time 15 minutes
|| Cook Time 15 minutes
|| Easy As
500 g lean beef mince
½ red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
1 onion, chopped
420 g can Wattie's Baked Beans
¼ cup Wattie's BBQ Sauce
6 hamburger buns
1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan. Add the mince and brown over a medium high heat, breaking up the mince with a fork if necessary.
- Add red capsicum and onion and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes. Stir in Wattie’s Baked Beans. Add Wattie's BBQ Sauce and ¼ cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until mince is cooked.
- Cut and toast hamburger buns. Spoon mince onto the hamburger bun bases. Top with red onion and top with the burger bun.
Switch it up
- Try Wattie’s Chilli Beans to replace Wattie’s Baked Beans.
- No hamburger buns? Use toasted bread rolls, thick sliced bread or bagels.
- To freeze: Allow cooked mince filling to cool before freezing in an airtight container. Thaw in refrigerator before reheating. Will freeze for up to 1 month.