6 pork sausages (vegetarian, optional)
700g bag Wattie’s frozen Crunchy Original Wedges
1 large red onion, cut into wedges
200 g button mushrooms, halved
1 Tbsp olive oil
8 tomatoes, quartered
1 tsp Gregg's Rubbed Rosemary
4 Tbsp basil pesto (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan assisted). Prick the sausages and place in a single layer in a low sided roasting dish. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the sausages over. Place the Wattie’s frozen Chunky Original wedges around the sausages in a single layer with the red onion. Continue cooking for a further 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn oven onto a fan forced grill setting.
- Toss the mushrooms in the olive oil. Scatter over the tomatoes and mushrooms and sprinkle over Gregg’s rubbed Rosemary. Return to the oven and grill for a further 5 -10 minutes to brown the sausages and cook the tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Serve with a dollop of pesto if wished.
- Ensure the dish is big enough to allow the wedges to be in a single layer – this will ensure that the wedges are crispy.
Swap it out
- Make this vegetarian by using your favorite vegetarian sausages instead of pork.
Switch it up
- Replace the pork sausages with chorizo or your favourite sausages.