- Preheat the oven to 150° (conventional bake). Grease and line the base of a loaf tin (21cm x 11cm x 7cm - 7 cup capacity).
- Put wholemeal flour into a mixing bowl. Sift in flour, dark cane sugar, baking soda, baking powder, Gregg’s Ground Ginger, Gregg’s Ground Mixed Spice and Gregg’s Ground Cinnamon.
- Gently melt the butter with the golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Pour the melted butter and golden syrup and eggs and milk into the dry ingredients. Stir to mix. Pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 55-60 minutes. A skewer inserted into the middle of the loaf will come out clean. Leave to cool in the tins for 15 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool. Once cold, spread over the cinnamon frosting. Scatter over chopped walnuts.
To make the cinnamon frosting: