Mexican Tofu Burrito Bowl
| Serves 1
|| Prep Time 10 minutes
|| Cook Time 10 minutes
75-100g firm tofu
2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp Sesame seeds
200g bag Wattie's SteamFresh Seasoned Sides Sweetcorn, Black Bean and Capsicum with Mexican Style Seasoning
½ cup cooked rice
¼ avocado, sliced
2 cherry tomatoes, quartered
Freshly chopped coriander to garnish
- Drain the tofu and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut into cubes. Mix together cornflour and sesame seeds and toss through the tofu to coat.
- Heat a dash of oil in a small frying pan. Add the tofu and cook until golden and heated through.
- While the tofu is cooking microwave Wattie’s SteamFresh Seasoned Vegetables according to bag instructions. If using microwave rice cook at this time.
- To assemble, place lettuce leaves in bowl, spooning the rice over the lettuce. Top with the vegetables. Add the tofu. Add spring onions, avocado slices and quartered cherry tomatoes. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
- Replace tofu with cooked chicken or canned tuna if wished.
- For ease, you can shred the lettuce and place it below the rice as per the recipe.