Pea & Parsley Hummus
| Serves 1 ½ cups
|| Prep Time 10 minutes
1 cup Wattie's frozen Baby Peas
400g can Wattie's Chickpeas in Springwater
Handful fresh parsley leaves
1 clove garlic, crushed
1-2 tsp sesame oil
Juice from ½ lemon
- Cook Wattie’s frozen Baby Peas according to bag instructions.
- Drain Wattie’s Chickpeas and reserve the liquid. Put chickpeas, parsley, garlic, sesame oil and lemon juice into a food processor. Process until smooth adding enough of the chickpea liquid to make a paste.
- Check seasoning, adding salt and black pepper and extra lemon juice if necessary.
- Serve hummus on crostini.
- Use on sandwiches in place of butter.
- Add into wraps.
- Use on pizza bases. Top with feta, mozzarella, tomatoes and proscuito.
- Replace mint with parsley if wished.