- Preheat oven to 150°C (conventional bake). Line a 20cm x 10cm deep round cake tin with 2 layers of brown paper* and one layer of baking paper to the base and sides of the tin.
- Place the Cinderella Cranberries into a mixing bowl. Add the orange zest and juice and stir to mix. Set aside.
- Beat together butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour, Gregg’s Ground Cardamom and baking powder into the creamed mixture. Add ground almonds and stir to mix. Stir in the cranberry mix and white chocolate.
- Spoon into the prepared tin. Using the back of the spoon smooth out the top of the cake. Bake for approximately 2 ¼ hours or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the tin. If wished, after 15 minutes, pour 1-2 Tbsp of Cointreau or brandy over the top of the cake.
- Once the cake has cooled completely wrap in baking paper. Store in an airtight tin.
White Chocolate Drip Glaze:
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces. Place in a microwaveable bowl. Heat on high for 20 second bursts until chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth.
- Place the cake, on a cake rack. Brush off any crumbs.
- To create the chocolate drip, drop tablespoons of the melted chocolate around the edge of the cake. Using the back of the spoon gently push some of the chocolate over the edge of the cake to allow the drips to run. You can push more (or less) of the chocolate over the edge to create uneven lengths of drip. Continue until you have gone around the perimeter of the cake. Spoon the remaining melted chocolate into the middle of the uncovered cake and spread it out evenly on the top. Allow the chocolate glaze to set in a cool place. If necessary, put it in the fridge to allow it to set. Decorate the top with white chocolate bark, brushed with a little gold dust if wished. Alternatively decorate as wished.
White Chocolate Bark:
- Melt the white chocolate as was done for the chocolate drip glaze. Mix through toasted slivered almonds and cranberries. Spread the mixture onto a baking paper lined tray. Refrigerate until set. Break into small pieces.