Perfect Roast Potatoes
| Serves 6
|| Prep Time 5 minutes
|| Cook Time 50-60 minutes
750g potatoes* peeled and cut into evensized pieces 4-5cm
½ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan assisted).
- Put prepared potatoes into a saucepan with just enough cold water to cover the potatoes. Cover. Bring to the boil. Allow potatoes to boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes very well. This is best done through a colander. Return potatoes to the pan over a low heat to allow any excess water to evaporate. With the lid on shake the pan to ‘rough’ up the potatoes.
- Pour oil into a roasting pan and heat in the oven until hot. Add the potatoes in a single layer, turning them to coat in the oil. Roast for 30 minutes. Turn potatoes and roast a further 15-20 minutes, until golden and crispy. Season with salt and serve immediately.
- * The best type of potato for roasting are floury potatoes – Agria, Red Rascal, Ilam Hardy. These potatoes are low in water content and high in starch.
- Perfect roast potatoes should be crispy and golden on the outside and fluffy on the inside.