Honey Mustard Chicken and Potato Bake
| Serves 5
|| Prep Time 15 minutes
|| Cook Time 40–45 minutes
|| Easy As
500g skinless chicken thigh fillets
1 leek, washed and sliced
½ cup dry white wine
500g jar HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Honey Mustard Simmer Sauce
400g red potatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan assisted). Cut chicken into 2–3 cm pieces. Heat a dash of olive oil in a frying pan. Add the chicken and stir-fry over high heat until the meat colours. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the sliced leek and stir-fry until it softens. Pour over the wine and cook until the wine is reduced by half. Return the chicken into the pan and pour over HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Honey Mustard Simmer Sauce. Stir until the sauce is almost boiling. Transfer to a lasagne-style ovenproof dish (2L capacity).
- Overlap the potatoes on the honey mustard chicken. Brush the potatoes with a little extra olive oil. Bake for 40–45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked. Serve with your favourite green vegetables.
- This recipe gets the Healthy Pick for Main Meals.
- Potatoes need to be thinly sliced – a mandoline is a great kitchen gadget to use. If the potatoes are too thick, cooking time will need to be increased.
- Omit the wine if wished.
Switch it up
- Replace the potatoes with kumara slices or use a mix of both.