2 egg whites
1 cup caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp vinegar
2 Tbsp boiling water
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Line two trays with baking paper.
- Place the egg whites, sugar, vanilla essence and vinegar in a bowl and beat until white and glossy. Add the boiling water slowly, while beating.
- Drop spoonfuls onto the baking paper and use the back of the spoon to shape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. When finished cooking, turn oven off and leave meringues in there for a few hours or overnight to continue drying out in the centre.
- Serve with whipped cream and fruit salad, or sandwich two together with whipped cream.