Soy & Citrus Soba Noodle Salad
| Makes 4 x 500mL jars
|| Prep Time 10 minutes
|| Cook Time 5 minutes
180g soba noodles
1 ½ cup Wattie's Supersweet Corn Kernels
¾ cup Eta Soy & Citrus Dressing
250g cooked shredded chicken
2 cups finely shredded iceburg lettuce
1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into thin strips
1 cup mung bean shoots
1 cup grated carrot
Chopped fried shallots or roasted chopped peanuts to garnish (optional)
- Cook soba noodles in boiling water per packet instructions. Drain. Refresh in cold water and drain again.
- Microwave or steam Wattie's Supersweet Corn Kernels until just tender. Set aside to cool.
Divide the Eta Soy & Citrus Dressing between 4 jars. Top with soba noodles, Place a layer of shredded chicken on the noodles. Layer with shredded lettuce, capsicum strips, mung bean shoots, sweetcorn and grated carrot. Garnish with fried shallots or chopped roasted peanuts if wished. (To serve tip the jar contents onto a plate and mix the dressing through the noodles and salad ingredients).
- This recipe was tested with 500mL jars.
- Replace the shredded chicken with cooked shelled prawns.
- Replace lettuce with finely shredded cabbage if wished.