Café-Style Baked Eggs and Beans
| Serves 4
|| Prep Time 15 minutes
|| Cook Time 20–25 minutes
|| A Little More Effort
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, sliced
1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
1 yellow capsicum, deseeded and sliced
½ tsp Gregg's Ground Smoked Paprika
1 cup Wattie's Crushed and Sieved Tomatoes
420g can Wattie's Salsa Chilli Beans Medium
Handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
50g feta, crumbled (optional)
- Heat oil in a lidded frying pan (approx. 24 cm diameter) over low heat. Add the onion and capsicums and sauté until the vegetables are soft. Add the Gregg's Ground Smoked Paprika and cook for a further 1 minute. Add the Wattie's Crushed and Sieved Tomatoes and Wattie’s Salsa Chilli Beans. Stir while bringing the sauce to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, to allow the sauce to reduce by about a third.
- Break the eggs over the beans and sauce. Cover. Reduce the heat to low and cook for a further 10–15 minutes or until the whites are firm. The yolks should still be runny.
- Scatter over the chopped parsley and feta if wished, before serving with crusty bread or toast on the side.
- Replace yellow capsicums with green if wished or use mini sweet peppers.
- Replace Wattie's Chilli Beans with Wattie’s Baked Beans if wished.
Swap it out
- Replace yellow capsicums with green or use mini sweet peppers.
- Replace Wattie's Chilli Beans with Wattie’s Baked Beans, if wished.