The Ultimate Mac Cheese
| Serves 4–6
|| Prep Time 15 minutes
|| Cook Time 15–20 minutes
|| Easy As
225g San Remo Macaroni Elbows
1 small onion, finely chopped
200g skinless chicken breast fillet, diced
3 rashers bacon, chopped
100g button mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
500g jar HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Tasty Cheddar Macaroni Cheese Pasta Bake
¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
¼ tsp Gregg's Ground Smoked Paprika
½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (fan assisted). Cook the San Remo Macaroni Elbows in lightly salted, boiling water for 8–10 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Return the macaroni to the saucepan.
- While pasta is cooking heat a dash of oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and cook over medium heat until softened. Add the chicken and bacon. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until the mushrooms are soft and chicken is cooked. Add to the macaroni in the saucepan.
- Pour the HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Tasty Cheddar Macaroni Cheese Pasta Bake over the macaroni and stir to combine. Spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the panko breadcrumbs, Gregg's Ground Smoked Paprika and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle over the macaroni cheese. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until the macaroni cheese is hot and the top is golden.
- Prepare and freeze prior to baking in the oven or it can also be frozen as a completed dish and reheated in individual portions in the microwave.
Swap it out
- Try different pasta types, instead of macaroni elbows you can try penne pasta.
- Omit the chicken and if wished replace with chopped chorizo sausage
- Omit the chicken and bacon if wished and carefully mix through lightly cooked cauliflower or broccoli florets before spooning into the ovenproof dish
- Try different cheese variations such as grated tasty cheddar or smoked cheddar instead of Parmesan cheese.