25g butter, softened
2 Tbsp caster sugar
¼ cup ground almonds
1½ sheets ready rolled flaky puff pastry
410g can Wattie's Peaches Sliced in Clear Fruit Juice, drained
1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan bake). Beat together softened butter, sugar and ground almonds to form a paste.
- Cut a sheet of ready rolled flaky puff pastry into quarters and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Divide and spread almond paste evenly over the pastry squares leaving a 2cm border.
- Cut the remaining pastry sheet into 2cm strips. Cut and place on the pastry squares to form a raised border.
- Place the Wattie’s Peach Slices onto the almond paste.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the edges are golden and raised and pastry is cooked. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before brushing peaches with a little maple syrup to glaze. Scatter over toasted sliced almonds. Serve warm with yoghurt, cream or ice cream.