Roasted Vegetable Pizza
| Serves 4–6
|| Prep Time 30 minutes
|| Cook Time 20 minutes
|| A Little More Effort
Easy Pizza Sauce*:
400g can Wattie's Italian Style Tomatoes
130g can Wattie's Tomato Paste
Vegetables for roasting:
1 red capsicum deseeded and chopped
1 courgette, sliced
1 small eggplant, chopped
1 red onion, sliced
2 large pre-made thin pizza bases
1–1½ cups roasted vegetables
1–1½ cups grated mozzarella cheese
Fresh basil or rocket leaves
- To make the Easy Pizza Sauce: Mix together Wattie’s Italian Style Tomatoes and Wattie’s Tomato Paste.
- For the Roasted Vegetables: Preheat oven to 200°C (fan assisted). Place capsicum, courgette, eggplant and red onion on a baking tray in a single layer. Drizzle over a little olive oil. Roast for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Spread each pizza base with about ¼ cup of pizza sauce. Top with roasted vegetables. Scatter over mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15–20 minutes until cheese is melted and base is golden and cooked. Stand for 5 minutes. Scatter over fresh basil leaves or rocket before serving.
- *This recipe makes 2 cups pizza sauce. Extra sauce can be frozen in ice cube moulds. Once frozen store in sealable plastic bags. Thaw as required.
Swap it out
- You can substitute the toppings on your pizzas with these other vegetarian options:
- Mushroom, spinach and feta
- Black olives, spinach and capers
- Sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, capers, feta and spinach
- Basil pesto, black olives, bocconcini and sun-dried tomatoes
- For other non-vegetarian topping options, try:
- Corn, chorizo and feta
- Ham and pineapple