Weeknight Beef Lasagne
| Serves 4–5
|| Prep Time 10 minutes
|| Cook Time 45–50 minutes
|| Easy As
1 onion, chopped
500g lean beef mince
200g mushrooms, chopped
525g jar HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Rich Tomato Lasagne Bake
8–10 sheets dried lasagne pasta
500g jar HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Four Cheeses Creamy Lasagne Bake
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a dash of oil in a lidded frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until it starts to soften. Increase the heat and add the mince and brown, breaking up the mince with a fork if necessary.
- Add the mushrooms and cook a further minute. Pour over HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Rich Tomato Lasagne Bake. Bake, stir and bring the sauce to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan assisted). Grease a 2L lasagne-style ovenproof dish. Place a layer of dried lasagne pasta sheets on the base of the dish to cover.
- Spoon over half the mince mixture. Place another layer of lasagne pasta sheets on the mince. Spoon over remaining mince. Top with a final layer of lasagne pasta sheets.
- Pour over HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Four Cheeses Creamy Lasagne Bake. Sprinkle over the grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until the top is golden and pasta is cooked. Serve with a crisp green salad on the side.
- Placing a layer of pasta on the base of your greased lasagne dish makes it easier to lift out and serve.
Swap it out
- Replace beef mince with chicken mince.
- Replace dried lasagne sheets with fresh lasagne sheets, cut to fit the dish. Cook time will still be the same.