Quick and Easy Chicken Pad Thai
| Serves 4
|| Prep Time 15 minutes
|| Cook Time 15 minutes
|| Easy As
200g dry thick Pad Thai rice noodles
1 Tbsp peanut oil
1 medium onion, halved and sliced lengthwise
400g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
2 eggs, beaten
210g pouch Wattie's WOK Creations Pad Thai Stir-Fry Sauce
2 Spring onions, sliced on an angle
100g bean sprouts
Handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
⅓ cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
Lime or lemon wedges (optional)
- Cook the noodles in plenty of boiling water for approx. 5–7 minutes or until just tender (or according to directions on the packet). Drain. Refresh in cold water and drain again.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and stir-fry until it starts to soften. Increase the heat to high. Add the chicken strips and stir-fry until golden and nearly cooked.
- Add the beaten eggs and stir-fry until just scrambled and set.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the cooked noodles and Wattie’s WOK Creations Pad Thai Stir-Fry Sauce. Toss for 1–2 minutes until the noodles and chicken are coated and sauce is hot. Toss through the spring onions, bean sprouts, coriander and half the chopped peanuts.
- Serve in bowls garnished with the remaining chopped peanuts and a wedge of lime or lemon, if wished.
Swap it out
- Replace chicken breast with 200g firm tofu.