Beetroot and Carrot Salad
| Serves 6
|| Prep Time 15 minutes
|| Easy As
Balsamic and Orange Dressing:
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
¼ cup olive oil
¼ tsp Dijon mustard
450g can Wattie's Baby Beetroot, drained
500g carrots, peeled and grated
¼ cup sunflower seeds, toasted*
¼ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted*
¼ cup currants
Handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
75g feta to garnish
- To make the Balsamic and Orange Dressing: Shake all the ingredients in a screw-top jar or whisk in a bowl.
- To make the Salad: Cut the drained Wattie’s Baby Beetroot into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- In a bowl, place the carrot, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, currants and mint. Pour over the Balsamic and Orange Dressing and toss together. Carefully mix through the beetroot.
- Turn onto a serving platter. Garnish with crumbled feta and serve.
- This recipe gets the Healthy Pick for Light Meals and Sides.
- To make this dairy free, omit feta.
- *To toast seeds: Place seeds in a small frying pan and toast over a medium heat for 2–3 minutes until lightly browned, shaking the pan regularly.