Decadent Chocolate Truffles
| Makes 30
|| Prep Time 30 minutes
|| A Little More Effort
125g super wine biscuits
¼ cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup soft brown sugar
¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
2 Tbsp cocoa
½ tsp Gregg's Ground Cinnamon
50g dark or milk chocolate, broken into pieces
2 tsp golden syrup
½ egg, beaten
200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces, for coating
- Crumb the biscuits in a food processor or use a rolling pin to crush into fine crumbs. In a mixing bowl, combine the biscuit crumbs, coconut, brown sugar, slivered almonds, cocoa and Gregg's Ground Cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan over gentle heat melt the dark or milk chocolate with the golden syrup and butter. Alternatively microwave in 20 second bursts until melted. Stir and cool slightly before whisking in the egg.
- Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Roll the mixture into small balls. Use about ½ tablespoon of mixture per ball. Place on the tray and refrigerate until firm.*
- For coating, place the dark chocolate in a bowl. Microwave in 20 second bursts until melted. Stir until smooth. Drop the balls one at a time into the chocolate to coat, using 2 forks lift the balls out of the chocolate and place on a clean sheet of baking paper. Refrigerate until set.
- *Truffles can be frozen prior to dipping in chocolate. Freeze on trays. Once frozen store in an airtight container or resealable bags. Thaw in refrigerator as required, then dip in chocolate.
Switch it up
- Add a little grated orange zest to the mixture if wished.
- Truffles can be rolled in cocoa, coconut or finely chopped nuts instead of dipping in chocolate.