|Makes 24||Prep Time 10 minutes||Cook Time 15 minutes|
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine the rolled oats, coconut, flour and soft brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
3. Melt the butter and golden syrup together. Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water and add to the butter mixture. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix together.
4. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on the tray and flatten with a fork.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven. Transfer the biscuits to a cooling rack. When cold dip half in melted chocolate. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper until chocolate is set.
To melt chocolate
Break chocolate into a mixing bowl. Sit the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and allow to melt gently. Do not allow water to get into the chocolate as it will seize and become unusable. Alternatively place in a microwave proof bowl and heat on high for 10 second bursts until melted – being careful not to let the chocolate burn.