1 small red onion
1 small spicy chorizo sausage
420 g can Wattie’s Baked Beans
2 Tbsp Paper Moon's Manuka and Pohutukawa Smoked Fennel Tomato Relish*
1 handful fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1 spring onion, chopped
Easy Hollandaise Sauce^
4 rashers Kiwi Middle Bacon
- Finely chop 1 red onion. Slice chorizo.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium sized frying pan and add the onion and chorizo. Cook over medium heat until onion is soft.
- Add Wattie’s Baked Beans and Paper Moon's Manuka and Pohutukawa Smoked Fennel Tomato Relish*.
- Stir and continue cooking until the beans are hot.
- Add a handful of parsley and spring onion. Season to taste. Cover and keep warm.
- Prepare Easy Hollandaise Sauce^ and keep warm.
- Grill or fry Kiwi Middle Bacon until cooked.
- Poach eggs in simmering water until cooked.
- Cut 2 bagels in half and toast.
- Place a bagel half on each plate. Divide half the bean mixture on the bagels. Top each with 2 rashers of cooked bacon. Place the bagel top on the bacon. Divide the remaining bean mixture on top of the bagel. Top with a poached egg.
- Garnish with fresh cress or micro greens. Serve hollandaise on the side.
- You can substitute Wattie’s Baked Beans with Wattie’s Baked Beans 50% Less Added Sugar#, if preferred.
- If you wish to substitute the relish add 2 tablespoons of Wattie’s Bit on the Side Tomato Relish.