- Preheat the oven to 160°C
- Trim the meat of any extra fat and cut into 3cm pieces. Toss the meat in the seasoned flour.
- Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and quickly brown the meat over a high heat. This is best done in 2 or 3 batches. Transfer meat to a casserole dish. Add the onions, celery, carrot and mushrooms to the frying pan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add to the meat.
- Blend together any remaining seasoned flour with Wattie’s Tomato Sauce, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce and beef stock. Pour into the frying pan and stir while bringing to the boil. Pour over the meat and vegetables. Cover and cook for 1 1/2 - 2 hours until the meat is tender. Serve with mashed potato and your favourite winter greens.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Place the browned meat into a pre-heated casserole. Add the prepared vegetables. Blend the remaining seasoned flour, tomato sauce, Lea & Perrins and beef stock together. Pour over the meat and vegetables. Cover. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.