|Serves 4-5||Prep Time 20 minutes||Cook Time 30 minutes|
1. Brown the lamb in a dash oil in a hot frying pan. This is best done in two batches. Set aside.
2. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and pan fry until tender, but not brown. Stir in Wattie’s Moroccan Style Tomatoes, chicken stock and lamb to the sauce, cover and simmer gently 15-20 minutes. Stir in the coriander just before serving. Season if wished.
3. Heat a dash oil in a large lidded saucepan and cook the onion until just starting to colour. Add basmati rice and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the hot chicken stock, with turmeric or saffron and raisins.
4. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stand 5 minutes withoutlifting the lid. Scatter with toasted almonds.
For a more authentic rice dish use 2 pinches of saffron threads in place of the turmeric.
* This recipe is classified as Gluten Free. To the best of our knowledge, the ingredients used in this recipe including the Heinz Wattie’s products do not contain any added cereals containing gluten or ingredients derived from cereals containing gluten. It is important to carefully read ingredient labels on food products because foods can sometimes be reformulated and the ingredients, allergens or nutrition information can sometimes change without notice.