| Serves 4-6
|| Prep Time 15 minutes
|| Cook Time 40 minutes
500 g lean beef mince
1 onion, diced
1 red capsicum, diced
420 g can Wattie's Mild Chilli Beans
1 Tbsp Wattie's Tomato Paste
420 g can Wattie’s Mexican Style Tomatoes
2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
3 large tortillas
250 g cottage cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly grease a round 23cm shallow ovenproof dish.
- Heat a dash of oil in a non-stick frying pan and brown mince. Add onion and capsicum and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in Wattie’s Mild Chilli Beans, Wattie’s Tomato Paste, Wattie’s Mexican Style Tomatoes and parsley and cook for a further 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Spread a third of the cooked mince and bean mixture over the bottom of the ovenproof dish and lay one tortilla on top. Spread a third of the cottage cheese over the tortilla then sprinkle with a third of each of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat twice more so you have 3 layers.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is golden.