|Serves 8||Prep Time 15 minutes||Cook Time 45 minutes|
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Sift the flour and sugar into a bowl.
3. Rub in the butter until the mixture forms coarse crumbs.
4. Blend the egg, milk and vanilla essence together and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix together gently.
5. Spread the batter over the base of a well greased 2 litre capacity pie dish.
6. Mix the Craig’s Black Doris Plum Jam with the hot water and pour carefully over the top of the batter.
7. Bake for 35-45 minutes until the pudding is golden and well risen.
Stand 5 minutes before serving, as the sauce is very hot.
Dust with icing sugar.
Serve hot with yoghurt, whipped cream or ice cream.