Find out what makes coconut milk the perfect dairy-free and vegan milk alternative and tips on using it.
Coconut milk or cream is made from grated and pressed flesh of brown coconuts. Due to it���������������������������s high fat content, it has a rich, mildly sweet flavour and creamy texture making it similar to dairy based milks ��������������������������� which makes it the perfect dairy-free and vegan milk alternative. Try coconut milk / cream:
- As a dairy substitute - stir it into your coffee, whip it into cream, add it to baking or custard recipes, make into yoghurt or ice cream
- To amp up the creamy factor in mashed potatoes or scrambled eggs
- For richer more decadent desserts
- To give smoothies a tropical twist
- And pair it with Seafood ��������������������������� think ceviches or raw fish island-style, use as a poaching liquid for fish or mix with a curry paste to steam mussels
- In curries ��������������������������� try these recipes: Slow Cooked Thai Red Beef Curry and Easy Thai Green Chicken Curry
Leftover coconut milk?