- 400 g chipolata sausages
- 1 small leek, trimmed and sliced
- 400 g pumpkin, seeds and skin removed, cut into 1-2cm cubes
- 300 g kumara, peeled and cut into 1-2cm cubes
- 400 g can Wattie's Pesto Style Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g can Wattie's Four Bean Mix in Springwater>, drained
- 1 handful fresh parsley leaves, chopped (optional)
1. Heat a dash of oil in a lidded frying pan. Brown the sausages over a high heat. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Reduce the heat and add the sliced leek. Cook until beginning to soften. Add pumpkin and kumara. Return sausages to the pan. Pour over Wattie's Pesto Style Tomatoes and 1/2 can of water and stir in tomato paste. Bring sauce to the boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Add Wattie's Four Bean Mix and stir carefully into the sauce. Continue cooking for a further 10 minutes until sausages are cooked and beans are hot. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with your favourite green vegetables.
Watch How To Video
Ripened on the vine under the Hawke's Bay sun, Wattie’s Pesto Tomatoes are blended with onions and basil, garlic, Parmesan, olive oil, and pinenuts.
This tasty combination of Cannellini, Lima, Pinto and Kidney beans contains iron and folate, essential nutrients that support normal immune system function. Arm yourself against ills by enjoying a regular dose of Four Bean Mix as part of a healthy diet.