- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 potatoes, washed and evenly diced
- 100 g bacon or ham, roughly diced
- 2 onion, peeled, finely diced
- 250 g box Wattie's Frozen Chopped Spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1 cup diced cheese (feta, blue or other favourites)
- 6 eggs
1. Heat the oil in a large oven proof frying pan. Add the potatoes, bacon or ham, and onion and cook over a moderate heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are almost cooked and very golden.
2. Arrange the Wattie’s Spinach and cheese evenly over the pan.
3. Beat the eggs together and pour into the pan.
4. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on top of the stove and then transfer to a 190°C oven for 15 minutes until the frittata is well cooked and firm to the touch. Stand 5 minutes before turning out to serve.
Great for brunch or lunch with a large bowl of winter salad or steaming winter vegetables. On the side a spoonful of sour cream is delicious.