- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-2cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into 1-2cm pieces
- 2 courgettes, cut in half lengthwise and thickly sliced
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 250 g penne pasta
- 450 g pouch Wattie’s Italian Creations Tomato and Basil Pesto Pasta Sauce
- fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan bake). Toss the prepared vegetables in olive oil and place in a single layer into a shallow sided baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are just tender.
2. Cook penne pasta in a large pot of boiling water for 10-12 minutes, until al dente (firm to the bite). Drain. Return pasta to the saucepan.
3. Pour over Wattie’s Italian Creations Tomato and Basil Pesto Pasta Sauce and mix well. Add roasted vegetables and carefully mix through the pasta and sauce. Spoon into a serving dish. Garnish with fresh basil leaves. Serve warm with BBQ chicken or meat.