- ¾ cup strong black coffee, cooled
- ¼ cup liqueur (Baileys, Tia Maria or Kahlua), or brandy
- 200 g pottle mascarpone
- 1 cup (250g) vanilla bean custard*
- 1 tsp Gregg's Ground Cinnamon
- 1 chocolate flake bar, crumbled
- 1 x 20cm square vanilla sponge cake
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Melted chocolate (optional)
- Line the base and sides of a loaf tin (11 cm x 21 cm x 7 cm – 7 cup capacity) with clingfilm.
- Mix the coffee with the liqueur or brandy.
- Mix mascarpone, custard and Gregg’s Ground Cinnamon until smooth. Fold through the crumbled flake bar.
- Cut the sponge in half and cut each half horizontally. You will need 3 pieces. (The extra piece will be used to fill any gaps).
- Place a piece of sponge into the base of the loaf tin, using the remaining piece to fill any gaps. Pour over 1/3 of the cooled coffee mixture. Spoon over 1/3 of the custard mix, spreading it to cover the sponge. Top with another piece of sponge cake and another 1/3 of the coffee and custard mix. Repeat the layers, smoothing out the final custard layer on the sponge cake. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Carefully remove the tiramisu cake from the loaf tin. Using a spatula slide the cake off the clingfilm onto a serving platter. Dust with cocoa powder just before serving. If wished melt and drizzle a little melted chocolate over the cocoa powder.
* We used the chilled Puhoi Vanilla Bean Custard.
- Omit the liqueur if wished and replace with an extra ¼ cup of coffee.
Swap it out
- If wished replace the vanilla sponge cake with a chocolate sponge.