- 12 slices toast bread, crusts trimmed
- 50 g butter, melted
- 10 Tegel Jumbo Chicken Bacon Rashers
- 420 g can Wattie’s Baked Beans
- 6 Tbsp grated cheese
- Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin, lightly brush one side of each slice with melted butter.
- Push bread slices, buttered side down into 12 muffin tins. Cook at 180°C for 15 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Slice Tegel Jumbo Chicken Bacon Rashers into 1-2 cm pieces, pan-fry in a non-stick frying pan until golden, add Wattie’s Baked Beans and heat gently.
- Spoon hot baked bean mixture into hot crisp bread cases, sprinkle with grated cheese and serve immediately.
You can substitute Wattie’s Baked Beans with Wattie’s Baked Beans 50% Less Added Sugar*, if preferred.
* Contains 50% less added sugar and 30% less salt than the regular Wattie’s Baked Beans in tomato sauce 420g.