- 3 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 50g butter
- 1 cup cold water
- 420g can Wattie’s Spaghetti
- 100g ham, sliced
- 2-3 Spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup grated Edam or colby cheese
- To make the scone mix sift flour, salt and baking powder in to a large bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Make a well in the centre of the scone mix. Pour in the water and stir with a knife to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a floured board and knead lightly.
- Roll out on a lightly floured board into a rectangle 40 cm wide x 25 cm high.
- Spread the Wattie’s Spaghetti over the bottom 2/3 rectangle, then scatter evenly with the ham, spring onions and 3/4 cup edam cheese. Carefully roll the dough from the long edge and cut into 10 even pieces.
- Place the cut rounds on a baking paper-lined oven tray in a circular or rectangular shape. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 220°C for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked in the centre. Serve warm.
You can substitute Wattie’s Spaghetti with Wattie’s Spaghetti 50% Less Added Sugar*, if preferred.
* Contains 50% less added sugar and 30% less salt than the regular Wattie’s Spaghetti in tomato sauce 420g.