- 350 g raw peeled prawns
- 210 g Wattie’s Wok Creations Sweet Chilli & Lime Stir-Fry Sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp lime juice, to taste
- 12 medium rice paper wrappers
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeds removed, cut into fine matchsticks
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced into lengths
- ¼ cup mint leaves, chopped
- ½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
1. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Add the prawns and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add half a pouch of the Wattie’s Wok Creations Sweet Chilli & Lime Stir-Fry Sauce and stir-fry for a further 2 to 3 minutes until the prawns are cooked through. Set aside to cool.
2. While the prawns are cooling, make the dipping sauce. Combine the remaining Wattie’s Wok Creations Sweet Chilli & Lime Stir-Fry Sauce and the lime juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Place a rice paper wrapper in a bowl of hot water for about 30 seconds or until it has softened enough to roll. Pat dry and place on a flat surface.
4. Place some of the prawns, cucumber, bean sprouts, chilli, mint and coriander in a line down the centre of the rice paper wrapper, leaving about 3 cm at each end. Fold in both sides and roll up tightly to enclose the filling. Serve with the dipping sauce.
- Place the rice paper wrapper on a damp tea towel to prevent them sticking to your work surface.
- Replace prawns with 350g chicken strips. Cook following directions above for 4 to 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Rice paper wrappers can be usually found in the international section of your supermarket or in Asian specialty stores.
- If you can’t get Lebanese use half a telegraph cucumber instead.