- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 small courgettes, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 medium red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 400g can Wattie's Chopped Tomatoes in Puree
- 400g can Wattie's Chickpeas in Springwater, well drained
- 1 - 2 Tbsp basil pesto
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan. Add chopped red onion and cook over medium heat until onion softens. Add garlic and cook a further minute. Stir in tomato paste. Add courgettes, eggplant and red capsicum and stir cooking for a further minute. Pour over Wattie’s Chopped Tomatoes and stir while bringing to the boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Add Wattie’s Chickpeas and and continue cooking for a further 5-10 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Stir through 1-2 tablespoons of basil pesto before serving. Season to taste.
3. Serve hot as a side dish with grilled chicken or fish or at room temperature as a salad garnished with crumbled feta