- 1.5 kg pork or beef spare ribs
- ½ cup HP Sauce
- 1 ½ cup Golden Circle Pineapple Juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- Cut the pork spare ribs into 2-3 pieces and set aside.
- To make the marinade combine HP Sauce, Golden Circle Pineapple Juice, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Place the ribs in a large saucepan and pour marinade over them. Cover. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the ribs and set aside.
- Continue to simmer the marinade until reduced and thickened.
- Barbecue the cooked ribs over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, brushing with the reduced marinade, until sticky and golden. Alternatively, cook in a single layer on an oven tray lined with baking paper at 200°C for 15-20 minutes.
Use beef spare ribs in place of pork if preferred.